Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > looking for french teachers teaching LELE    

looking for french teachers teaching LELE

storyteller
France

looking for french teachers teaching LELE

hi there  next year ; i �ll be teaching LELE in my classes ( premiere and terminale ) 
I wonder if there are other teachers here who would be willing to share their experience ?

14 Jun 2012      

madamev
France

Hello storyteller,
Being a �TZR � I only had a short experience this year in premiere and I must say it wasn �t easy at all because we didn �t know what the exam would consist in... Moreover the only book at our disposal seemed rather inappropriate for our students. Now we know that the exam will be an oral presentation of files containing 3 texts and any document the student might find on the themes tackled in the texts. 
Last year we studied a short story by Conan Doyle (The Five Orange Pips) but if I were to have teach LELE again next year I wouldn �t choose such a long text, even though it was quite interesting.
What I would do first (in premiere as in terminale) would be to give them all the �material � to study a literary text > this includes the vocabulary, the figures of speech, and the methodology, maybe a timeline with the main literary movements. And then it �s up to you to choose the texts you �d like them to study. 
I would suggest you start with a text taken from a detective story, as it �s the kind of literature that students are familiar with, and it brings along a lot of vocabulary (plot, twists and turns etc.). 

For the themes and the activities, you should have a look here

but I �m pretty sure you already have!

here �s another link that may be useful:

Good luck, personally, I just hope I won �t have any terminales next year!!!

14 Jun 2012     

maryse pey�
France

Hi storyteller,

I had a student in "Terminale L soutenue", she had to study "A Midsummer Night �s Dream" by Shakespeare and she had to prepare an essay on "the role of the fairies in Shakespeare �s play and the society of his time". It was very interesting as she had :
to read the whole play,
to prepare the very detailed study of each Act, each scene
to prepare the reading (because she would have an extract to read)
to write and illustrate an essay in order to present it to the examinators.

Hope this could help.

15 Jun 2012     

storyteller
France

thanks so much for your help 

15 Jun 2012