Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Activities for the last days    

Activities for the last days

MsPoppins
Spain

Activities for the last days

Dear All,

We are about to finish the academic year in Spain. I �m trying to find activities to do in class with my students during the last week. I �m looking for "different" activities, not just the typical grammar or reading worksheet... but I don �t know which content words to write in the search box. Could you help me, please?

Thanks,
ElenaSmile

17 Jun 2012      

Mariethe House
France

Here is an activity sheet I produced not so long ago. Hope it is useful. 

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=647075#thetop

17 Jun 2012     

MsPoppins
Spain

Thanks a lot Mariethe. I appreciate your post. However, I forgot telling you that my students are 14 years old.
Thanks!!

17 Jun 2012     

angeles bosch
Spain

Last year I gave my students of ESO 3 the task of making up an oral presentation (using the sources they wanted- ppt-cardboard- photographs- questionnaire- or nothing- about any topic they felt like. First we gave ideas on topics and then   I monitored and gave them a hand when asked. 

I could never imagine what came out. They worked in pairs, groups or individually. We had a really good time.  

17 Jun 2012     

Mariethe House
France

I did the autograph book with that age range and they loved it! You have to work on the language before you get them started. Imagine what positive things they would say to their friends.
 I like you because you have got lovely freckles and beautiful shiny hair...
i like you because you are so+ adjectives.
 I enjoyed working with you because  you were very +adjective ( cooperative friendly, funny, enthusiastic,...).
 You are the + superlative . ( The friendliest, the funnist, the most gorgeous person I have evr met)
I remember that time when we both... (develop the situation)
Any activity can be adapted to any age range.
The school year poster can be fun too with photos and drawings and some text written by the kids. Can work in pairs . choose the best poster. talk in front of the class of their poster. A fewgiggles and laughs but after all, as you say, it is the end of the year!!

ANother possibility is to write a letter to your students and get them to answer you. Make it a "loving" letter, positive, mentionning names and characteristics.  Use Humour too! They love it!
eg I particularly enjoyed Mark coming late to every English lesson and pretending he had been to the infirmary when I knew fairly well he had forgotten to do his exercise...etc....

17 Jun 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

What about playing games? Here are two that my students love.
1) A category game. �Fruitbowl � or �Big cats � (or anything your kids are into..)
Get the students in a big circle and allocate each with an item. So, if you call it Big Cats - each student is a tiger, a lion, a cheetah or a jaguar. You get in the middle. When you say �tiger � all the tigers have to swap seats etc. When you say Big cats, everyone has to get up and move. After 2 practice go �s, REMOVE A CHAIR. Then, the person left standing in the middle has to do a forfeit - I usually make them answer a question, about general knowledge, capital cities etc. I do this with mt 14 year olds and they love it.
2) Eleven. Everyone stands in a circle and they count round. The person who says 11 is out and sits down. Each student can say up to three numbers, but no more. My guys love a few rounds of this at the end of the lesson. When it �s down to 3 or 4 players, they can calculate how to stay in. 

Or Bingo, or barrier games (one student has a picture etc...Or create a comic character. Here is an address that Hazza put out a while ago.

17 Jun 2012     

yellowrhythmorchestra
Vietnam

I was wondering if you could you help me. I have some problems with my teaching , but I don �t know how to post my question. Can you help me how to show it

17 Jun 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Yellowrhythlorchestra
Scroll down to the bottom of the forum page. Click on "start a new topic";  a message box will open . choose: "message board "....write  your message and then send ( click o send!) . It will appear on the forum.

17 Jun 2012     

papadeli
Greece

Teaching through films is really different and much more interesting. You can choose level and follow the lesson plan or adjust it.  

This is some work we did on bullying.
1. ppt
4. Sang and danced -I �ll post it when it �s ready
5. crafts- the notes the kids are holding

Greetings from Greece,

17 Jun 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Some more!Smile
http://busyteacher.org/search.html?q=what+activities+for+the+end+of+the+year

17 Jun 2012     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

I would try the "pass the word game" posted here. I can �t remember the author but it really works so well and bingos with definitions are also games they like playing while learning.
Hope it helps
Yolanda

17 Jun 2012