Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Suggestions????    

Suggestions????

vaglio
Costa Rica

Suggestions????

Hello everybody!

I need to prepare a musical show or a dance with my fifth graders, but the thing is that I should present a very modern song or dance with  an educational message............ it could be about values, loving nature, or something related. 
Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

19 Jun 2012      

Weliton
Brazil

Hello friend!

Well, I think it could be breathtaking to perform a show with the song HEAL THE WORLD, by Michael Jackson.
Of course it �s not that modern, but the song has a great educational message.
You should give it a try!
Have all the children dressed in white clothes, and in the chorus part you could turn off the lights, then each kid would light up a little flashlight and sing along.
I �m pretty sure the audience will love it!! 

Kind regards!

19 Jun 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

Beautiful by Christina aguilera!!!
About how everyone is beautiful in their own way. Most 5th graders will have heard it, it is very popular. The original video is a bit raw (aging cross dresser; anorexics etc.) Glee did a more �no parents will be upset- � version

original:

glee version:

worth considering....

(If I could organize a part of our end of the year performance, I would have them sing this, explain that our words have the ability to bring down as well as to lift and that therefore we should always choose the uplifting ones. I would them have the students walk across the stage one by one, the first introducing the next with a positive adjective :creative, intelligent, beautiful, considerate...etc. etc.  I would love to do something like that in the school)

19 Jun 2012