Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help Needed (Past Simple or Present Perfect)?     

Help Needed (Past Simple or Present Perfect)?

zizou27300
Algeria

Help Needed (Past Simple or Present Perfect)?

Hello to all the great community members of Esl Printables
I urgently need help from native speakers and expert teachers of English to tell me which of the following tenses: past simple or present perfect is correct or should be used in the last statement with the verb (create): Here is the context:
When the internet appeared, the national newspapers began to claim that they would lose all their readers. Although, most of them who didn �t use to love the internet (created) an online version of their paper.
OR
When internet ................. . Although ...................... (have created) an online version of their paper.
Awaiting to your replies and millions of thanks to (ueslteacher, papadeli, sarrah mohammed, cuneliff) for their interest.
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE

20 Jun 2012      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

�When the internet first appeared, the national newspapers began to claim that they would lose all their readers. However most of them, who didn �t use to love the internet, have now created an online version of their papers. 

Just a few suggestions in bold. You don �t really need �who didn �t use to love �. 

20 Jun 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

�have gone on to create � is better.

20 Jun 2012     

sasuna
Algeria

Hi dear colleague.The BEM exam is adapted from here.
http://02english.forumpro.fr/t897-2012-bem-exam-text-adapted-from#1272

20 Jun 2012     

yanogator
United States

I agree with Lynne 100%.

Bruce

20 Jun 2012     

pyes
New Zealand

"online versions" would be better as well

20 Jun 2012