Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > printables -no color version    

printables -no color version

Sharwong
Canada

printables -no color version

Hi,

I enjoy using this site for materials! 

Is it possible for the printables to  be without the color decoration as I photocopy on a black and white copier and it wastes much toner.

Or should I just edit the worksheet myself?  Is it possible for teachers to upload a noncolor version also?

Sharon

21 Jun 2012      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi.

Discussion about this topic has been here several times. Some members upload both - coloured and B&W version. But even if the ws is coloured, you don �t have to print it coloured - just grayscale. Or you have to edit it yourself. I am afraid there is no other way.

Have a nice day. Michaela

21 Jun 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Download only B&W ws or remove the decorations completely or go to the pain of changing the colour images (if you like them very much) to B&W using this tutorial http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=422829#thetop (btw tutorials are free and you won�t spend points by downloading them)
Sophia

@Michaela: grey scale is not the same as B&W regarding toner expenditure.

21 Jun 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@Sophia,

of course I know that. Wink
But many members don �t as the say the uploaded also B&W version yet if you check it, the only uploaded grey-scale.

21 Jun 2012     

moravc
Czech Republic

Compact Editable BW printer-friendly Worksheetsfree tutorial how to make printer friendly worksheets
Sharon
, you can select all pics and group them and change them into plain BW outlined pics in a few clicks. It might take 10 seconds...
Some uploaders group all components - textboxes, pictures to make the changes easier and quicker...
I always recommend grouping pics because many of us are teachers of adults and these teachers delete all unnecessary pics and make the wss plain and simple - no frills and cuties because adults don �t like teddy-bears (well, in most cases) ;-D

Posters are useful in both versions - colour version to print on a large sheet of paper (A3) and the outlined BW version for students.

Please bear in mind that some teachers use the colour version for OHP, whiteboard,  Smartboard etc. - for displaying, not for printing and kids write down just the answers....

21 Jun 2012     

Sharwong
Canada

Thanks for the replies.  I �m mainly talking about the worksheets exercises which have too much stuff going on, as I also teach adults.  I tried downloading the file, but it seemed incompatible with my Mac Computer. 

Sharon

21 Jun 2012     

Sharwong
Canada

Whoops I got it!  Thanks! 

Sharon

21 Jun 2012