Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > BIRTHDAYS AROUND THE WORLD    

BIRTHDAYS AROUND THE WORLD

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

BIRTHDAYS AROUND THE WORLD

hi everybody worldwide, i would like to know about birthday parties in your countries, games, ornaments... 

thanks in advance :) 

naby 

22 Jun 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I think it �s getting more and more cosmopolitan. I can �t think of anything uniqueConfused
Sophia

23 Jun 2012     

mariannina
Italy

Hi Nabila, in my family birthdays are very simple, a cake, lunch or dinner and a lot of cheers!
Here are two pictures of my brothers � birthday (they are twins)

the cake and...

the candle...only one because all the candles would take the entire cake LOL
The room was decorated in a simple way: a banner and some balloons. We played "pass the parcel with their gifts inside!
That �s all. Sorry but there aren �t any children in my family.
I hope it will help.
Ciao.
Mariannina

23 Jun 2012     

languaria
Germany

Hi Nabila,

some German families still remember this wonderful (even though a bit time consuming) tradition: for the 18th birthday of their daughter or son, parents fill a big gift box with 18 little presents. Each of them represents one year of the child �s life: a pacifier, baby shoes, a photo of the first school day, a lipstick and so on. Some parents write a letter that accompanies every present ("When you were born...").

This present symbolizes that daughter or son are now adult and that the parents know they have to release their child. It is a wonderful present for the children but not really easy for parents, I admit.

Have a nice weekend!

23 Jun 2012