Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Website - Suggestions :)    

Website - Suggestions :)

Kita19
Portugal

Website - Suggestions :)

Hello!

As many of you already know, I have an ESL blog (www.teacherslove.blogs.sapo.pt), mainly directed to teaching children. But what I always wanted really was to build a website, because it can be so much more complete. I finally found a free webserver in which I �m working on to build my website Big smile

I �m starting dividing it into topics, more or less as divided here in ESLprintables, but with sub-topics where you will find my own ressources and links to other useful ressources on the net.

I would like my website to be as useful and attractive to teachers as it can be, and easy to navigate, so I would like you to tell me what kind of things you appreciate finding in a website. What do you think it �s the most useful tools? How do you like it to be organized?

Any ideas to build a website with ressources are more than welcome Wink 

Thanks for your help! Clap

Patricia

24 Jun 2012      

Nina Pizzo
Portugal

No ideas and this time of night I �m too tired to think of anything in specific.

I �m posting, basically, to wish you good luck with your site.

Sleepy as I am, my one advice would be that you do it for yourself, imagine yourself in the place of the visitor and think of what you �d like to find there. 

I �m sure you �ll do as well as you �re doing with your blog! Smile

24 Jun 2012     

juliag
Japan

Hi Patricia,

Firstly many congratulations on your wonderful blog and your forthcoming website, which it sounds like you will be taking to new levels.

I don �t really have so many ideas but I saw your post hadn �t got many answers and so wanted to help out if I can.

I think your idea of topics is a great start. It would be nice if things were linked from all the topics they are applicable to so, for example, a worksheet on body parts and to have would be under the "body" theme and under the "have" theme. If it is not too complicated and you have a lot of resources I guess an in-site search engine may be helpful too, but I don �t think you really need it so much.

I like your idea of including links to other useful resources, too.

If you have worksheets etc. you often use together or in a series it would be nice to have a "Suggested follow ups" section where you recommend other worksheets you use around the same time on the same theme, or you could even include ideas of more practical games and so on that you use in the classroom that don �t really require worksheets and other printable resources. You could even make this part interactive so other teachers list ideas that worked well for them if you so wished.

That �s about it for my ideas tonight. If I think of anything else I �ll get back to you.

A big thank you for sharing so many of your super resources with us and other teachers around the world.

Julia

25 Jun 2012