Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with Scheme of work for Beginners    

Help with Scheme of work for Beginners

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Help with Scheme of work for Beginners

I �m taking 6 complete beginners aged 12 - 14 out of mainstream lessons. These are real beginners - book, pen etc, practice with the alphabet. I plan to keep them out for six weeks. There are 7 of us involved. I need a plan - Week 1: numbers/introduce yourself, basic classroom nouns etc. Does anyone know where I can download a scheme of work like that?

30 Jun 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello, Lynne:)
How about looking at the curriculum of one of the textbook for teens from mainstream publishers? They usually have it at the beginning. You could adapt the topics. The advantage of that is you�ll have grammar integrated in the topical vocabulary.
E. g. English Zone from OUP (look inside)
These templates may also help you plan http://www.eslmarketing.com/esl_curriculum.htm
Sophia

30 Jun 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thanks for this Sophia, I �ll have a look. 
We have good course books in school, but they assume that the kids know the alphabet and can do basic reading. I need something really slow and may end up just putting it together myself. In which case, I �ll publish it on here!

30 Jun 2012     

Mariethe House
France

I google "ESL for complete beginners and got this amongst many others:
http://esl.about.com/od/teachingbeginners/a/ab_beg_intro.htm

For each point, there are suggestions on how to go about it! Courage , ch�re amie!!Smile

30 Jun 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Hi cunliffe

Maybe you can get some ideas from these sites

Cheers

Jayho

30 Jun 2012     

papadeli
Greece

I like this one.

Greetings from Greece,

30 Jun 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thanks very much, guys, really appreciate your help. These sites are really helpful. 

1 Jul 2012