Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Speaking Activities    

Speaking Activities

mjpa
Spain

Speaking Activities

I�ve got a new student who wants to practise her speaking. She has got an intermediate level of English and she just wants to practise conversation so i�m becoming mad trying to find different games and activities for our classes. I want to make lessons interactive as well as funny and interesting. I don�t just want to speak about anything. So I would appreciate any type of advise either on topic or activities to do or in books or materials to have a look at.
How do you design this type of lessons? Do you just talk about anything: weather, the news, her/his private life and so on, or what do you usually do?
Thanks in advance.

10 Jul 2012      

papadeli
Greece

1. Film English: great material, lesson plans based on films, interesting, motivating... excellent!
2. The 4-3-2 Fluency Activity

Greetings from Greece,

10 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Check the contributions here

Some tips here:

Great way to learn collocations:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/language/theenglishwespeak/ (btw if you browse through the website there, you �ll see there are a lot more resources:)

Sophia

10 Jul 2012     

s.lefevre
Brazil

You could used the picture based discussions

or Philip �s Let �s talk about

10 Oct 2012