Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need some help - Adele someone like you    

Need some help - Adele someone like you

procei
Brazil

Need some help - Adele someone like you

Please, I am teaching English for a student that is a singer... She is the little star of Jaru, a small city in Rond�nia in the middle of Amazon. We have a problem to solve and I remembered that eslprintables" teachers are always ready to help. As we listen to Adele singing someone like you, we couldn�t listen the word SOMETIMES but we listen to some time....without S. Doing some research I came up to :

The adverb sometime (one word) means "at an indefinite or unstated time in the future." The phrase some time (two words) means "a period of time." The adverb sometimes (one word) means "occasionally, now and then."

Many of the lyrics on internet, brings Sometimes but as I said before we couldn�t listen to the S. Could you help me?

Just in case: If you want to listen her this is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ny_xQy9VI

10 Jul 2012      

andreaewa
Uruguay

The lyrics goes like this:
"sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead.."
and this means what it means, talking about the present.
If it were Sometime, then you would have to say it lasted and it hurt...in "sometime" in the past.

10 Jul 2012     

yanogator
United States

The short answer is that singers frequently don �t pronounce things very clearly, leading to the whole concept of mondegreens.

Bruce

10 Jul 2012     

Apodo
Australia

The lyrics are here:

10 Jul 2012