Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need good ideas for summer camp lessons    

Need good ideas for summer camp lessons

jononionsoup
Vietnam

Need good ideas for summer camp lessons

Having a summer camp and just looking for good ideas, here are the themes I need lesson ideas for:

All about me

Yesterday, Tomorrow (grammar) past/future

Art, Architecture, Tera-cotta

Olympics

Sea Animals

Holidays Independence Days

I �m still pretty new so any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

I �m in Korea right now and these are 5th and 6th grade students.

18 Jul 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I am listing only FEE resources bc you don �t have many points but if you choose to spend them you can search the older contributions by the topics you �ve mentioned.

There �s a ppt with summer words in today �s contributions which means it �s free for you
Also there �s a ppt with geometrical buildings see if it fits into your architecture topic 

Sea animals 
talking flashcards
Under the sea song
My favourite baby shark song 

Past tense exercises 

Here �s the ultimate resource for the Olympics

All about me 
or use something like this (it �ll cost you 1 point)

Play outdoor language games and do esl activities
here you can find ideas for your games

So, you see there are virtually tons of resources, just search and you �ll find what suits you:)

Sophia 
P. S. Just remember it has to be FUN!

18 Jul 2012     

libertybelle
United States

Awesome Sophia!!  Thanks!

18 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I just remembered a creative activity you could use to let your students talk about themselves. We did it in a summer drama camp last year. You will need sheets of paper and colour markers or crayons. The students drew personal emblems in the shape of a shield.
Something like this but empty
At the bottom inside the shield they drew a line and wrote their name under it (inside the shape)
Then they would divide the upper part inside the shape into four equal parts and inside each one they would draw things which represent the four personal categories in the following order:
 Family       Hobby

Favourite     Dream
Subject  

They can talk about each part of their personal emblem to introduce themselves and you can then hang the emblems on the wall under the names of the teams in the camp assembly hall.

I forgot to tell that the very first day each team had to think of a team name and a team chant and then perform it at the evening opening ceremony.

My team �s name was "Cooperation". They drew each letter and stuck them to the girls � backs. They would chant and perform moves and then turn around and the audience could read "Cooperation" on their backs:)

Here �s the chant I came up with: "We are awesome! We are great! We live! We learn! We cooperate! This night �s sensation is our team - COOPERATION!!!! Yeah!"

Sophia   

18 Jul 2012     

jononionsoup
Vietnam

That �s great thanks~! I �ll have to use these next time, unfortunately I forgot to log back in to check when I was planning everything this time. Thanks for all the great ideas!!!!

15 Aug 2012