Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Audio files    

Audio files

OlgaPrih
Ukraine

Audio files

Can anybody tell me what format of audio file should be added to the ppt so that you don �t have to send the file itself? Thanks in advance.

18 Jul 2012      

Lindax
Ukraine

You should normally use wave files with the .wav filename extension, but they are way bigger than MP3 files .
Here`s  Liz santiago`s fantastic tutorial how to embed an MP3 to ppt.
http://www.eslprintables.com/grammar_worksheets/articles/a_an/How_to_embed_an_MP3_to_PPT_426293/#thetop

18 Jul 2012     

OlgaPrih
Ukraine

Thank you for your respond, Linda, but I know how to use MP3 and wav for ppt. But as I understand and know from my exoerience, these types of files should be in the same folder with the ppt, and sometimes I download a ppt with some sound, and there isn �t any audio file there. Maybe I can �t express myself correctly, but I hope someone will understand what I mean.
Thanks. 

18 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Forgive me, Olga, for being straightforward, but have you even checked Liz �s tutorial? It says HOW TO EMBED MP3 IN PPT and I bet you know the meaning of the word EMBED, i.e. not something in the same folder as you said.
Liz �s tutorials are very useful and I learnt how to convert videos into shockwave objects and EMBED them in PPTs. However, embedded objects increase the size of your ppts and that means, if you want to share them here, it will be impossible because of the size limit. 
I shared such ppts by uploading them to a free file-sharing site and posting the link in the forum.
Sophia

18 Jul 2012     

OlgaPrih
Ukraine

Dear Linda, I want to apologize for my previous answer, I was too self-confident and I was sure I know enough about embedding audio files in ppt and I didn �t even bother to download the tutorial. Thank you again for your respond and forgive me for this misunderstanding.
Best wishes
Olga

18 Jul 2012     

OlgaPrih
Ukraine

Dear Sophia, thank you very much for your explanations. It �s a shame, but your are absolutely right, I didn �t know the word �embed � and didn �t understand Linda properly. Live and learn!
Thanks again.
OLga

18 Jul 2012