Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Alice, a digital novel    

Alice, a digital novel

papadeli
Greece

Alice, a digital novel

The story is wonderful and the design is fabulous, you will love it. Use with a digital projector for group reading activities.
Greetings from Greece,

27 Jul 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello Sophia,
I see that this resource comes with Edmodo platform. Do you use Edmodo? do you use a free version? I �d like to know your opinion bc I am considering it for creating my e-portfolio/page there.
Sophia

27 Jul 2012     

anaisabel001
Spain

Hi Sophia,
Love it!!!Thanks for sharing ! Clap
Hug

27 Jul 2012     

papadeli
Greece

@Sophia:
Edmodo is Facebook, basically. So, it �s only for teens. I used a similar platform two years ago. Parents were anxious about it and most of them asked me not to ask their children to participate since they couldn �t understand the whole procedure. The kids started using a language called Greeklish -Greek written in Latin characters. Some of them didn �t have internet, some didn �t have computers... That attempt of mine was not successful. On the other hand, it �s a lot of work and it can �t be used by all of my Ss, who are 8-25 years old, since such platforms are for teens. But you could ask these people about Edmodo .

Greetings from sunny Greece,

28 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hi again, Sophia:) Thanks for getting back to me:) I thought it was something like edublogs or wikispaces but cooler:) bc I assumed it had more functions. More and more teachers are required to have an e-portfolio, so I �m considering which would be the most suitable platform for that. BTW what makes you say Edmodo �s only for teens?
Sophia

28 Jul 2012     

papadeli
Greece

Teens and adults since it �s sth like facebook - but safe. Edmodo is a platform where you can also chat. Young Ss are not ready to chat online. Can you imagine their worried parents? Teens are used to it, addicted, either their parents know it or not... So, why not safe Edmodo?
About your choice now, what kind of portfolio do you want to create? Your favourite sites, worksheets etc?

28 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Not just that, but a page that would have my qualifications and my activities as an educator, my students � achievements/projects as well.
Sophia

28 Jul 2012     

papadeli
Greece

These are Edmodo examples  :

Edmodo seems good. If you can manage chatting, why not?

Let me know if and when you create your page.

Good luck,

28 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Actually, Sophia, those are wikis and the last one is a wordpress blog:) But thanks for the effort to find what other people think of it.
Sophia

28 Jul 2012     

papadeli
Greece

Edmodo content is available only to certain groups, that �s why I didn �t find an Edmodo link. But through other wikis and blogs, I could find several examples and ideas.

Sophia

29 Jul 2012