Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > treasure trove of sorts     

treasure trove of sorts

mari_18cf
Brazil

treasure trove of sorts

treasure trove of sorts .

What is the meaning of sorts in this sentence.

SpongeBob: What �s in this thing? Treasure? Mr. Krabs: A treasure trove of sorts. It �s me memory chest from my years in the navy. 

28 Jul 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

of sorts

(informalused when you are saying that something is not a good example of a particular type of thing
So, I guess, the sentence could be rephrased:
It �s something like a treasure/some sort of a treasure trove OR as if mister Crabs said "Kinda"

Sophia

28 Jul 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

It �s a kind of treasure trove.

28 Jul 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

heaven?

28 Jul 2012     

Apodo
Australia

The chest looks like a chest full of treasure, but it is actually a memory chest. This means it contains things which are special to Mr Krabs, mementos, souvenirs etc. - things of which he has fond memories. They may not be valuable to others, but they are treasures to Mr Krabs. So to him it is a sort of treasure trove - a treasure trove of sorts. 

@pilarmham - nothing to do with heaven.

28 Jul 2012     

Zora
Canada

It just means that it �s a type of treasure. In this case, a sentimental treasure full of souvenirs or mementos. 

30 Jul 2012     

mari_18cf
Brazil

Thanks

1 Aug 2012