Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > CORRUPTION WITHIN THE EDUCATION SYSTEM? THAILAND/AMERICA    

CORRUPTION WITHIN THE EDUCATION SYSTEM? THAILAND/AMERICA

Redbull
Thailand

REPOSTING DUE TO LACK OF RESPONSE OR HELP!

Today I have just had the heartbreaking news that one of my top students who is always getting top grades and loves to communicate in English has just heard that he hasn �t passed the test for going to America as an exchange student.

Last week he went for an interview and myself along with other English teachers helped him prepare for his interview and how to answer all of the questions that may be put to him at the interview stage.
Well he came back full of happiness and was sure he did better than just well in the interview. He said the interviewer was pleased with the way he answered all of the questions and that he had passed with flying colours and that on Monday he would find out the results of his interview. Come today,Monday he had heard the bad news that he didn �t pass the interview...! much to my and all the English teachers surprise.

And what makes this decision worse than it already is, is the fact that some of the other students that I know went to the same interview but have a grade D standardised test results not like the boy Wit who hasn �t passed and has a grade A or B result in any of the tests given to him.
these other students have passed only by way of paying for their entry into the system that I feel is very much a shitty way to handle cases by means of paying for it as to being very well educated and loves the English but can �t pay for their entry like the rich can....! :(

My question is has any of the teachers on this website come across something very much like I have just experienced, and how did you feel? or handle the situation?.
I don �t want to give up on this wonderful student who is very gifted with English and would like to ask anyone here is there anything I could do to make this boys "GOAL" to study in America who loves the MLB American League and would love to play for a school that would somehow except him into a scholarship, he is 16 years of age and the parents do have the money for him to travel and start schooling for one year in America. 

So is there anyone from America who could help with this message?
Your thoughts and information wouldn �t go unnoticed and without reserve or reservation.

Please help this poor kid....! to full-fill his ambitions and goals in life.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

30 Jul 2012      

@mydesk
Albania

What is your expectation of the members in regards to this matter?
I don �t think members should be allowed to post the same message over and over.

30 Jul 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

hi , my friend

don �t have an answer, but it certainly hurts me seeing you staring around with what, seems to me, corruption. No one answered your post and it also hurted me. What can I say?  I understand you, what you feel, this world is turning upside down, better, this world is mostly down upside, or whatever. no answers, sorry, i live in a country where things like these are soooooooooooo familiar; still, there are many of us fighting. Hope you can survive, sure you will, we all do; we will overcome,but need to be ready to broadcast these problems ( wow, I managed to be very polite, didn �t I ). Hugs, Redbull, take good care of your wings, you �ll need them.  Thumbs Up

Linda

30 Jul 2012     

Redbull
Thailand

@mydesk,

Quote: What is your expectation of the members in regards to this matter?
Well a teacher from America or someone from the education/school that knows how the education for exchange students system works there.
And to give some information or links to help with my problem. That �s it really mydesk!.

THIS ISN �T FOR ME IT �S FOR MY STUDENT!.

@ Linda, yes we all understand how or why some countries do these things but it really hurts when you know a student want �s to succeed and has a goal in his life to be educated from America and play for the schools basketball team.
And thanks for your kind words Linda :)

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

30 Jul 2012     

@mydesk
Albania

Sorry if I offended you but it is clear that no one has any ideas to assist your student or they would have responded to your post. At least my question solicted a sympathetic word for you from a member.

Have you tried googling info about echange students to America???

30 Jul 2012     

Redbull
Thailand

@Mydesktop,

No you didn �t offend me and no it wasn �t clear to me that no teacher from America could assist in helping my student "why" because even redbull isn �t on ESLprintables all the time and also there is a time difference to consider. so I thought I could give this post just one more chance in helping out a poor student who feels very sad at the moment.

And yes I have been using the Google search I �m not "LAZY", sometimes you need to find another way to get the help you are seeking, and where better than this site for seeking that help?.
and  how many times has redbull gives you wings you know been asking for help on this site maybe only six times since registrar!
I �m a giver "not" a taker and love to give information and help if I feel I can do so not make negative comments here.

ALL THE BEST REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

30 Jul 2012