Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > INCREASE MAXIMUM ALLOWED SIZE OF FILES    

INCREASE MAXIMUM ALLOWED SIZE OF FILES

jannabanna
France

INCREASE MAXIMUM ALLOWED SIZE OF FILES

Couldn �t we possible increase the maximum allowed size of files to be uploaded.  It �s too small for a lot of my worksheets?

Example

Size:  667 ko - after being compressed !!

What do you others think?

Janet

31 Jul 2012      

maryse pey�
France

Victor has done this once. From 300 ko to 500 ko.

I guess, as we are lots of active members, that there is a question of storage for all our documents. That is why we are limited for the size. I have got the same problem and I often manage to upload my files splitting them or scanning them, or both.

I know that a lot of us prefer when the documents are fully editable but I love sharing and I give my documents in the best way I can.

Try to scan yours, you will spare ko. If you have only 1  or 2 pages you will not lose quality.

31 Jul 2012     

jannabanna
France

Thanks for the tip Maryse, I hadn �t thought of using the capture tool!  Saved a lot of ko - only 138 now!  Could help others on this site!

Janet

31 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello Janet,
Have you tried using the tutorials to create compact ws?
or here?
Scanning a ws may be a solution to the size problem, but then, it is no longer editable, I, for one, appreciate when the ws is editable bc the content we teach may vary.
Sophia

31 Jul 2012     

goospanish
Mexico

I like editable.   maybe send  as two downloads...

31 Jul 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

I agree with Sophia and goospanish. Editable worksheets are a zillion times better than captured pages which can �t be edited.

31 Jul 2012     

jannabanna
France

@ goospanish:  Unfortunately I couldn �t send this one as two ws, if you look at the capture you �ll see why!  The majority of my documents are editable, but this one is just vocabulary so it doesn �t really have to be. 

I agree with you all - editables are much better.

Janet

1 Aug 2012     

joy2bill
Australia

Please, please keep them editable so that we can make the slight changes that are sometimes neccessary for our own group of students.
I like to substitute the name of my students in sentences just to make them more personal.
Also I often have to make corrections because we ALL make mistakes.

Perhaps we need to be a little more economical with the pictures we use...try for ones that use less "bites" or reduce them through Irfan view, which is a great tool. Download here
Cheers Joy

1 Aug 2012     

@mydesk
Albania

Wow! Isn �t this ws now in new contributions! What a clever way of advertising !!! Real crafty!!!! Wink

1 Aug 2012     

jannabanna
France

To @mydesk - I wasn �t advertising and I �m not "crafty" at all.   If only you knew what I do for a lot of teachers here !!  The spirit here is "sharing" so let �s keep it that way!

I just feel that with so much language teaching experience behind me (I �m retired now) I want to share, that �s all.

Janet

1 Aug 2012     

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

Jannet, just wanted to congratulate you on your fantastic work!!!! Everything you do is soooo appealing and useful at the same time!! Keep on sharing!!! Lv, fabiola  :D

1 Aug 2012