Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Used books    

Used books

dtobarma
Spain

Used books

Hi everyone!

I am writing to ask for your help.

When we finished the classes with the students we cleaned up the books we had in some shelves. These books are mainly Sudents book or Teacher�s books which have been used during some courses by the studentes or those which publishers have given us during last ten years.

In general the books are in good conditions but if we have about 100 books they are all differents and some of them have more than 8 - 10 years.

We
are thinking of throwing them away but maybe we could do something with them. Anyway a colleague told me that it makes little sense to give what we do not want but in other hand they could be used in someplace, maybe a Non Governmental Organitation could be insteresting in them.

As I said they
differ in the type and level and are usefull with students up to 13 years old or for those who are beginners.

If anyone has any ideas or if I was interested in them  can write me an email.

We would like to
make a decision the first week of September

Happy summer
to everyone.

Diego.

5 Aug 2012      

maryse pey�
France

Hi Diego,

Years ago I remember I was asked to make parcels with all this kind of books to send them in countries with few means. The school was only asked to select the books and prepare the parcels, a charitative association came to take them and bring them in these poor countries. I cannot remember where they were sent or who came to take them but I remember that this was greatly appreciated.

Maybe you can ask the "Red Cross" or some other official association. I am sure they will be happy to give the information you need !

Good luck and thanks for your generosity ! Learning is as important as teaching with passion !

5 Aug 2012     

a isabel
Portugal

Hi Diego,

In Portugal we can take those books to the post office and they send them to Mozambique. I don �t know if there is any partnership with our ex-colonies.Perhaps you can do the same.
It �s good to know that there are still people like you,who cares about others.
I hope you manage to help someone  learn in a less expensive way.Hug

5 Aug 2012