Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Language Functions in English    

Language Functions in English

sruggy
Morocco

Language Functions in English

Hi ESLPRINTABLES Community

I am busy planning my courses for the next school year.

I wonder if anyone out there has already made use of MP3 or video conversations to introduce Language Functions in English such as apologizing, making requests, complaining , giving advise

I would be very grateful if you can make any suggestions or offer me some mp3 files or videos .

Thanks for your help , I wish you a nice day      Handshake

16 Aug 2012      

LedZeppelin
Croatia

Hi! I shared three PPTs dealing with Functions - Giving Opinion which present useful phrases with sound. They might be of help.

16 Aug 2012     

sruggy
Morocco

Thanks a lot for your slides. they are very useful. Still, I want to make use of real audio or video conversations to teach language functions as they seem to appeal to my students.

16 Aug 2012     

hossein mehdaoui
Morocco

Hello brother,
Well, you can download as many videos as you wish from youtube. I myself did it so many times . It yields  good results. Good luck Mr struggy.

16 Aug 2012     

joy2bill
Australia

I have just done this with my students:
It is Kevin Rudd, an ex-prime minister of Australia, appologising to the indigenous people over actions taken several generations ago. It was major in Australia. It goes well with this worksheet: http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/0802/080203-aborigine.html
I also used pg 67 from Functions of English by Leo Jones to practice apologising and forgiving.

17 Aug 2012