Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I have free reign on doing a project!    

I have free reign on doing a project!

N.F.T
South Africa

I have free reign on doing a project!

Hi all,

I �ve been given the free reign to choose any project that will improve the SCHOOL - whether it be focused on students or development of teachers/resources/materials/methods/etc.

So I have 1 Question:

As a teacher, what do you WISH your school had to make your life/job or the students lives a little easier, engaging, exciting, rewarding?

I �m stumped so would appreciate any ideas and input.

Thanks in advance!!!  M

17 Aug 2012      

yanogator
United States

You �ve been given free rein (not restricted, like a horse without reins), not free reign (You haven �t become the monarch).

Bruce

17 Aug 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

LOL You haven �t become the monarch, but maybe you want to take over the school? Wink It really depends here. Have you any guarantee that they will act on your project? Does it need to be strategic, or operational? What about a Homework club? What about starting up a bulletin for teachers? What about compiling a list of language games, which can be adapted to every subject, distributing it and following it up? What about starting a Literacy award - departments who implement the best literacy strategies etc get the gold award? The best thing would be to ask yourself: what is my particular area of interest? It is a very broad brief - have they given you no idea at all about what kind of thing they would like? I wouldn �t mind being in your position!! It �s a great opportunity for you.

17 Aug 2012     

N.F.T
South Africa

It �s a great opportunity YES...I �ve had a thousand ideas.  I �m being careful about choosing the right one, one that will be valuable to teachers and students alike.  Thought it a good idea to ask around.

Ps.  Thanks for raining me in on the rein/reign correction.  It didn �t reign on my parade;)  

18 Aug 2012