Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > DOGME teacing approach    

DOGME teacing approach

Lovely Lana
Greece

DOGME teacing approach

Hi dear colleagues,
Have you ever tried DOGME in your classroom?  I decided to try this  method with my private student (45 years old) as he wants solely speaking practice and nothing else. I �ve searched the net but the information I found deals mostly with either complementing or criticising the method or that it �s coursebooks free and not a word about the actual lesson. I �ve found some activities S.Thornbury recommends but they are mostly for large classes.

Is it that I just ask my student to choose a topic he would like to talk about , give him some time to prepare and then we start a discussion?

Thanks in advance

21 Aug 2012      

almantula
Spain

Hi

Here are some interesting videos about this method.

Hope it helps.

Regards

21 Aug 2012     

Lovely Lana
Greece

Thanks a lot, Lili, though I �m puzzled a bit now, do I understand the whole DOGME idea just wrong? (That �s a rhetorical questionSmile

21 Aug 2012