Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > looking for an oral comprehension    

looking for an oral comprehension

steph30
France

looking for an oral comprehension

Hi!
I �m struggling to find an oral comprehension for my young learners aged 11. I �d like to find a dialogue with : what �s your name?How old are you? What �s your nationality? Where do you live? and the corresponding answers. I �ve been on the internet all afternoon long and I haven �t found anything. The dialogues are always too difficult. Thaks in advance.

23 Aug 2012      

valentinaper
Greece

Since I think that you are looking for authentic listening material, it is possible that all the dialogues you find will seem too difficult for your students. So why don �t you try giving them the dialogue (even if you think it �s difficult) and have them do simpler tasks on it?
Foe example, you can use this video and ask your students to jot down where each speaker is from, or what they like most/least about London.
Hope I �ve helped!
Valentina

23 Aug 2012     

MChappell
France

Almost back to work,aren �t you? (and so am I by the way)
You can try this http://www.esl-lab.com/ in the basic listening quizzes section, you should be able to find something suitable for 11 year olds. Hope, it will help.
Marie-Pierre

23 Aug 2012     

domif
France

ORAL COMPREHENSION
Hi Steph , have a look here:
http://pedagogie2.ac-reunion.fr/cyberprofLV/index_fichiers/podcaz_A1_anglais.htm
You can find a lot of audio files , some  are with worksheets . They from level A1 to B2 or more .
Bye , and enjoy the few days left .

23 Aug 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

Is this what you need?

23 Aug 2012     

steph30
France

Thanks a lot!!!!!! I �ve found exactly what I was looking for...If I had known, I would have sent that message earlier!!Thanks again guys!!!

23 Aug 2012     

feenanou
France

well, I didn �t ask for anything but the sites you gave are great, marked them as favourites. Thank you very much.

23 Aug 2012