Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > IDEAS    

IDEAS

carinita
Argentina

IDEAS

I �m doing a substitution on a technical english course To introduce students to the theme of biographies I asked them to search the Net and find biographies of inventors that the consider interesting.
My idea is that once all students have chosen a biography in particular, I �ll exchange them and they �ll have to produce a paragraph in Spanish about the main events in that biography.
My question is... What procedure would be more convenient? Email biographies to be translated and set a time limit to hand in a written work? Ask them to work in pairs ...let them select a biography from the ones they previously sent me....and create a powerpoint with the information they got from the biography? I �m new using this type of activity Any help would be appreciated
P.S Students are 16 year old About 12 boys and 2 girls

26 Aug 2012      

Cayita
Colombia

Hi,
I think that it would be nice if they read some of the biographies and then you enhance them to write their own one, based on the material they have already read. There is an activity called the museum of my life which include personal issues that will help them to talk ar write about them. I have the digital worksheet if you �re interested in.

Good luck with your class.

Cayita :)

26 Aug 2012     

carinita
Argentina

Thanks, Cayita I �d like to see the worksheet that you mentioned

26 Aug 2012     

reina(5)
Chile

My students did the same activity but not just with inventors. They investigated about famous singers, writers, etc. who died. After the creation of PPT they took the place of the famous characters, using special clothes and speaking about them in first person. It was very funny and students loved this activity.

27 Aug 2012     

carinita
Argentina

thanks, Reina

31 Aug 2012