Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for english books downloads    

Looking for english books downloads

Vickiii
New Zealand

Looking for english books downloads

Hi teachers,
A different sort of request...
I have many children living near me who have english as a first language aged from 3 - 14. Some of the children have read all of the english books I have available for them. 
Does anyone know where I can find online books for them for free?
also does anyone have some good internet sites for the young ones - I am teaching many of them to read in english, and have to write the book for them before each class, find pictures etc, any help in finding good primer readers online would be greatly appreciated.

thanking you in advance
VickiiiThumbs Up

27 Sep 2008      

trelly
Argentina

I don�t know if this is what you are looking for, but in English Tips you can find lots of books in English to download for free. Just choose "English" clicking on the flag :)

Hope it�s useful!
Trelly

27 Sep 2008     

theoldlady
Chile

Vickiii

This is a very useful web site there you can download some books  levels by age and reading skills , it also has  worksheets related to the book and  good teaching ideas for young children.

Hope you like it.

Theoldlady

27 Sep 2008     

theoldlady
Chile

uppppppppppppss   you have to pay to be a member.

27 Sep 2008     

zpcamargo
Chile

Vickii I have some books I have download from readingsa-z.com. I can send them to you if you want. Send me an email to [email protected]. It will be a pleasure to help you.

28 Sep 2008     

oregon91
Argentina

Hi Vicky: have Ares install in your PC (it is a P2P software and you can download it for free. Google for it). Using Ares you can download hundreds of readers, photocopiable books and grammar books as well. Try it and let me know.
Warm regards,

Fernanda

28 Sep 2008     

anyteacher
Argentina

Hi Vicky!!
I know a site that is good for me http//www.icanread.com
You can find titles of books that searching the internet are downloadables. The activity section is fantastic. Children like this activities. I�m going to look for in my files if I have any suitable ones. I�ve sent you a private mail. A big hug Any

28 Sep 2008     

theoldlady
Chile

uppppppppppppss   you have to pay to be a member.

28 Sep 2008     

manonski (f)
Canada

If you can set up a projector to your computer, there is this great site where you can read books online:
If the font is too small, you can zoom in your internet page.
Also, it�s a great way for discovering new books before buying them.

28 Sep 2008     

Choli
Argentina

Manonski, this Lookybook site is fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing Hug

28 Sep 2008     

gicela
Argentina

I would recommend www.sribd.com
I is a free site. You have to register yourself, it takes a minute. Enjoy downloading different kind of material!

28 Sep 2008     

1    2    Next >