Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Back to school    

Back to school

yingying
China

Back to school

Hello, everyone,
  As school will start soon, I would like to know some idioms or proverbs to ecourage students to study harder this year! Thanks in advance and happy teaching!

31 Aug 2012      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi yingying, I Googled �inspirational quotes � and �motivational sayings� and there are so many. Then I tried images and there are some really good ones. I liked this one - short and to the point -

31 Aug 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

And this one... (Frenchfrog will like it, anyway!)  And this one, �If at first you don�t succeed, try and try again.� Story here http://www.educationscotland.gov.uk/scotlandshistory/warsofindependence/bruceandspider/index.asp

31 Aug 2012     

frenchfrog
France

Loooooooooove it! LOL

Here is a quotation I like:

�Don�t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.� (William Faulkner)

Another one:
�Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.� (Henry Ford)

Also:

"There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something." (Henry Ford again)

31 Aug 2012     

treasure0911
France

Very inspirational Cunliffe. I think I �m going to have all of my students read this story before starting the school year.

Thanks!

31 Aug 2012     

imanito
Morocco

- "The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr." (Arab Proverb)
- " Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere." (Chinese Proverb)

Happy teaching to you all Smile

31 Aug 2012     

yingying
China

2 Sep 2012     

yingying
China

Thanks, everyone!

2 Sep 2012