Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Feelings and emotions.    

Feelings and emotions.

Ann2011
Russian Federation

Feelings and emotions.

Dear teachers, I need your help. I found the song for young children but I �m confused because it �s about feelings. It says: "I �m good, I �m great, I �m wonderful..." Can we use wonderful to speak about feelings?

One more question is about pronunciation of grandfather (grandfather - granfather)- in some dictionaries I found the rule that we omit d, in other dicitonaries we still pronounce - d but not in words like grandmother, grandson. Any help will be useful. 

4 Sep 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/grandfather

Maybe it refers to the character trait:) something like selfhypnosis:)
I am a good person, a great person, I am a wonderful person:)
Sophia

4 Sep 2012     

Apodo
Australia

The �d � can be pronounced in grandmother. I pronounce the �d �, but it �s only just heard. It could be a regional difference.   http://www.thefreedictionary.com/grandmother
Words are often used in songs that we wouldn �t use in the same way when speaking, but we can use wonderful if we are exaggerating, or in a motivational way as Sophia mentioned.
If someone asks, �How are you? � we would not say �wonderful � in the same way as �very well �.
We can feel wonderful about something good which has or is going to happen.
I feel wonderful. I just won a million dollars!

4 Sep 2012     

Ann2011
Russian Federation

Thank you ueslteacher and Apodo for your help. Now I can share my knowledge with other teavhers. Have a nice day!

5 Sep 2012