Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Tips for a lesson on Present Perfect    

Tips for a lesson on Present Perfect

beefeater
Albania

Tips for a lesson on Present Perfect

Hi!
Tomorrow I have my first lesson with students in the 4th year of Secondary school (aged 16) on the Present Perfect tense and I introduce myself and the course. I want to leave a good impression on them, can you suggest any ideas, please?
THANKS A LOT! You �re always helpful!

11 Sep 2012      

gilderoy_lockhart
Chile

Look for "Have you ever..." questions. Draw them from a bag and start asking students. There �s a book called "Have you ever" somewhere, I haven �t been able to find it online. However, you can find lots of websites with this type of questions. It �s great for breaking the ice, introducing yourself, talking about experiences, establishing the difference between present perfect and simple past.

11 Sep 2012     

beefeater
Albania

THANKS for your time!

11 Sep 2012     

gilderoy_lockhart
Chile

I �m in a hurry right now, I have a class in 30 mins, but I �ll be back in 3 or 4 hours and I �ll add some more ideas to the post :)

11 Sep 2012     

beefeater
Albania

Oh! That �s lovely! thanks for your help again! time �s very valuable, I appreciate your help a lot! 

11 Sep 2012     

sofingles
Portugal

Look for my PPTs on the Present Perfect based on the U2 song "I still haven �t found what I �m looking for". They �ll be available tomorrow. Maybe that �s what you �ve been looking for. A nice song!

11 Sep 2012     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Beefeater,

I tried posting a �Present Perfect � Worksheet here for you to use, but (no matter what I did to correct it)  the Forum became badly distorted.

Sorry.

Les

11 Sep 2012     

Enid Stella
South Africa

I have used the song "We Are The Champions" by Queen very sucessfully for different levels and ages. See very comprehensive grammar guide and worksheets in 3 parts at:

12 Sep 2012     

beefeater
Albania

THANKS

12 Sep 2012