Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Recipe exchange    

Recipe exchange

jessafish
Thailand

Recipe exchange

Hello dear ESL members,
I am hoping to find someone teaching in another country who would be interested in doing a class recipe exchange with me.  I am teaching 14-year-olds in Chiang Mai, Thailand, and we would love to try to cook food from any country.  We are currently working on putting together 8 different favorite (and relatively simple) Thai food recipes, using countable and uncountable nouns, quantifiers and sequence connectors.  

Last year we joined up with the British Council �s Connecting Classrooms Program and exchanged recipes with other countries.  We chose a few recipes and then cooked them, video-taped the process and then sent them back to the other schools.  It was a great experience, but I found that it was a bit disorganized and that there were so many different schools just posting generally on the site, that it was a bit impersonal and we didn �t get the class-to-class relationship that I was hoping for.

If you are interested in having your class make some Thai food, and maybe even sending some videos and e-mails back and forth, please let me know.

Thanks!
-jess

11 Sep 2012      

mourisca
Portugal

Hi, Jess!

I just want to share a link where you can find recipes (105 at the moment...) that you may find useful for your exchange project:

Good luck with your project!! Smile

hugs from Portugal

12 Sep 2012     

jessafish
Thailand

Mourisca,
What super cute recipes!  I will certainly use them as examples (and make a few of them at home as well).  Thanks for that!

12 Sep 2012     

dutordoir
France

hello jessafish

Your project seems to be very interesting for my students who are in a special european section. I am an English teacher in France ( Evreux , near Paris) I teach to 15/16 years olds.

I  registered my school at the British Coucil �s Connecting Classroom program two weeks ago so if you agree to work with us we can exchange photos or videos of recipes through this site or through another virtual working plattform.

Have a nice day in Thailand.

Bye ,

Nathalie

12 Sep 2012     

dutordoir
France

Forgot to give you my e-mail address : [email protected]

Bye

Nathalie

12 Sep 2012