Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Organizational Skills for Free-lance Teachers    

Organizational Skills for Free-lance Teachers

teachonthebeach
Brazil

Organizational Skills for Free-lance Teachers

I �m taking on new students at the moment and I think I �m going to have to get myself a bit organized - my weak point. 
I didn �t used to have too much problem planning lessons as I had very few students and they were doing several lessons a week, so there wasn �t time from one lesson to the next for me to forget what we were doing. 
I �m not into text books, rather prefer to tailor my lessons very personally to their needs. 
Now they �ve cut down their hours and I �ve taken on some new students to fill the gap, I think I �m going to have to get a ring-binder or something, to keep track of what I �ve done with who, as well as where we �re up to with payment.  Does anyone have any tips for this?

12 Sep 2012      

Terri Lawson
New Zealand

H,where I work we have a folder for each student and in them we keep all our lesson plans and timesheets (which the students sign on for each lesson). That way we do not need to try to keep it all in our heads - it is right there on paper.

12 Sep 2012     

teachonthebeach
Brazil

Thanks Terri, that sounds like a good idea. I �ve put them into a ring binder with dividers for now, but folder sound better, then I won �t be carrying all the students � papers around with me. I wonder if you could tell me what these time sheets are like. I �ll feel a bit shy asking for signatures, as I have such a casual relationship with my students, but I think I �m going to just have to bite the bullet and get on with it as otherwise they take liberties, thinking they can re-schedule whenever they like. Sounds like your position is a bit different from mine though, as I �m completely free-lance, so I don �t have anyone to watch my back.

24 Sep 2012