Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Adverb of frequency activity needed    

Adverb of frequency activity needed

caren_630
Egypt

Adverb of frequency activity needed

Dear colleagues,
I am teaching adverbs of frequency next week. I need a warm up activity that would take 10  mins and a post teaching activity that would take 10 to 15 mins.
Thx in advance for all your brilliant ideas

15 Sep 2012      

allweare
Argentina

Hi! 

With my students, what I did was brainstorm some activities they do at home, like wash the dishes, walk the dog, make their beds, etc. Then, we draw a chart with the activities and the adverbs and they had to tick with what regularity they did those things.

Then, using the same chart, they would go around the classroom "interviewing" their classmates, to practice "do you...?". Then, to report to the rest of the class and to practice 3rd person singular, they would say things like "XXX always walks the dog", and so forth. 

They had fun because they got to speak a lot, pretend they were journalists, and walk around the classroom.

I hope it �s useful.

:)

15 Sep 2012     

puddyd
Oman

I usually introduce it by dividing the class into two .
I then draw a cline on the board 0% 25% 50%.....100%
I make two sets of adv of freq words-different colours, cut and mix them up, do the basics first like never, often sometimes etc... and you could at the end of the lesson give some synonyms and let then look them up in a dictionary and place them next to the the words on the cline.
Sorry I digressed on the previous point, then you model the first one, so make sure you remove it from both packs, hold it up and elicit where they think it goes e.g: rarely -stick it next to 25% and then let them sort the others out in their groups.It �s great fun.If your class is big, do more and use the walls with tack balls stuck up before the lesson begins.
They love the competition and it wakes them up. 
I hope it �s clear
Good Luck. 

16 Sep 2012