Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I´m very sad.    

I´m very sad.

Cassy
Brazil

I´m very sad.

Hello, everybody.
I�ve been teaching English since 1994. I produce my own materials to work with my students. I don�t have a book to follow. I use textbooks produced by me.
Yesterday I uploaded one poem "Reasons why I love you" and somebody said it was stolen from a site and I gotta say it was not.
This poem I got from a Brazilian book whose author is Amadeu Marques and the writer of the poem  is UNKNOWN.
I have this poem in the textbook I have created to work.
I have visited many sites and seen things from many Brazilian authors online.
I always read, check and prepare material which are not stolen.
My only mistake was to forget to put in the end of the printable: Unknown Author

Sorry for getting things off my chest.
Cassy

15 Jan 2009      

Anna P
Brazil

Have you deleted the poem?  I did not find it. What I found out is that you are very creative and often acknowledge your sources.  Cheer up!  You are a valuable member of this site and we all need your useful contributions.

15 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I couldn�t find it either. But I have found this one:

What�s your opinion about it?

15 Jan 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

I found lots and lots of �Reasons to love you� in the web. 10, 20, 21, 30, 101 and even 365 reasons but I did not find this one. I prefer gaps that are simple lines. These little squares look like on-line exercises - �look�, I did not say they are!  But it�s 1 AM and almost 30 degrees! I need no more reasons for staying awake.

15 Jan 2009     

Cassy
Brazil

No, Anna. I didn�t delete it. It was deleted.
Unfortunately.

Hi, Damielle. I clicked on this link and this one is from the internet, you can see the gaps like they are presented on the internet.

If the members agree, I can upload it again.
I need your permission and Victor�s too.

Thanks a lot for your support, Anna.

15 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Smile Hi Cassy! I�m so sorry that you had to go through this embarrassing situation just because you forgot to write the source. I wish that person who reported your work as stolen would have given you the chance to correct the mistake by sending you a private message. That would have been the most sensible thing to do with a member that we all know and appreciate her work.

You don�t need our agreement to upload oit again! You just have to add the source: In, title of the book,  Amadeu Marques ....

Please don�t feel bad anymore! This is something that can happen to the best of the contributors!!!

Have a nice day!

Hugs,
mena

15 Jan 2009