Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > More than just teachers...........    

More than just teachers...........

libertybelle
United States

More than just teachers...........

Dear Family of teachers here at ESL
While I�ve been away at school today, the messageboard
has been boiling away with what the purpose of  this messageboard should be.

Well, if some of you only want to talk teacher issues and act like teaching machines, that�s your privilege, but  I consider myself and all of you as human beings; working hard, fighting the same battles, all trying to make a difference, all taking responsibility for your students, materials, parents, colleagues and yourselves.
We have a tough job - and those who don�t agree, live in La La Land.

That�s why it is nice to have a place where we can let off steam, compare our daily experiences as teachers, have a laugh and get pissed off together when we discover someone in our ranks is not being honest and setting good example, as teachers should.
We are role models, but here we can let our hair down. To me, the messageboard is like the teacher�s lounge.

Yesterday the mood on the board was dark and angry, and because of of a few jokes, the whole atmosphere lightened up and people went to bed with a smile.
THAT was the most important thing to me.
I�m tired of being serious all day long. We ARE human, what�s wrong with a smile once in a while?
I�m gonna go and sing the ESL song now!
(dumb as it may be!)
Hugs
Liebertybelle

16 Jan 2009      

eng789
Israel

Rock on - LB                                                                       

Clipart - African American Singer Woman

I agree with your view completely.  G-d help us if we don�t have a sense of humour. 

We have a song??????????

16 Jan 2009     

Cassy
Brazil

You are right.
I couldn�t agree more.
Have a good day.
Cassy

16 Jan 2009     

domnitza
Romania

Dear L,

though you are so far away, I can still hear you sing! And even Sylvie thinks nobody hears her, she is wrong, I can hear her too (it�s something about mysterious elves of La Normandie).

Every time I turn on my PC in the morning I read the messageboard first. It�s like reading the daily newspaper, like keeping in touch, staying connected. These messages, as silly as some of them could be, are a part of eslprintables.

Domnitza

16 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

YES ..... BUT

THERE IS NO DOUBT, JOKES AND ANYTHING WHICH CAN BRING SOME LAUGHTER AND GOOD HUMOUR IS VERY WELCOME HERE

HOWEVER FLASHING CARDS OR COMMENTS SAYING GOOD MORNING OR GOOD NIGHT TO X OR Y IN PARTICULAR AND NOT TO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY  JUST DO NOT MAKE ME LAUGH AT ALL 

16 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

WARNING!!!!  FOR THE SERIOUS-MINDED - DON�T READ OR FOLLOW THE LINK!!!!

yes we have a song - and here it is!!!

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=3735

PS - Sylvie is singing away right now!
I just gave her singing lessons - online!

*smile*
L

16 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I agree with you

Remember that I don�t copy and paste these pictures and upload them as worksheets as some people do. I just share them here and you can copy them by right clicking on them. That�s one of my ways of sharing.If you want them in their original size, ask them to me by the private messenger.

Note: notice that as space on the forum is concerned, pictures shouldn�t be too much wide. The height is not "that" relevant but we should keep it under control.

16 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

When did that happen?
Nice song.

I have a very important suggestion to make.  Could people put the time on their comments so it will be easier to follow.  The date is already there but a time would help.  Some people say good morning when it�s evening here.  It�s very confusing.

16 Jan 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi,
libertybelle
United States

Can�t agree more with you.
But, I are you sure of what you are saying "More than just teachers..."

Because it seems to me that some members don�t have the right to feel more than just teachers here on this site since some days.

I quote myself:
"
I would never understand how some people manage to deny what is happening here and recognize it elsewhere, to accept today what they rejected yesterday, to refute to some people what they reclaim for others, to humanize some people/religion and diabolize some others" for/in the same circumstances.

Just a reflexion following exactly your idea.

By the way, when are we going to have some threads about "nappies"?

Just kidding...

Respect all.
 Salem - Peace

16 Jan 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I am off to school right now and I it�s true we need a place to cool off and this is the place.  It�s great to see humour on the site.  I love it.

16 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Did someone say esl song???!!!!!! I�m off to get my spoons!!!!!!!

its 16.19 and its -20 outside!!!!!!

16 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >