Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Looking for a film about Native Americans    

Looking for a film about Native Americans

manoue16
France

Looking for a film about Native Americans

Hi everybody!

I �m teaching Native American cultures to my A2-B1 level students and I �d like to show them a film to end the sequence.

I was thinking about "Dancing with wolves". Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Have a nice day!

manoue

18 Sep 2012      

douglas
United States

"Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee"  --very sad story

or

"Last of the Mohicans"

I liked this one back in middle school too:

This one I haven�t watched yet, but I love Chief Dan George (he also played in Little Big Man):

18 Sep 2012     

Zora
Canada

There is also �Grey Owl � with Pierce Brosnan

This page is full of Native American Indian themed films:

http://ladyhawkesite.tripod.com/nativemovies.htm

18 Sep 2012     

manoue16
France

Thanks a lot!

18 Sep 2012     

storyteller
France

little big man ? 
the last of the mohicans ?

18 Sep 2012     

storyteller
France

little big man ? 
the last of the mohicans ?

18 Sep 2012     

evinches
France

I use "The New World" for this topic area, it �s basically the story of Pocahontas. I can send you the stuff I �ve used with my 3eme Euro if you want.

18 Sep 2012     

braincrusher
France

I once worked on the western movie "The Last Hunt", which is about the disappearance of buffaloes. It worked well even though it might be difficult to understand.

18 Sep 2012     

manoue16
France

Thanks so much for all your ideas... Now, I �ll spend the next evenings to watch all of them and pick out one... Hard choice it seems...

19 Sep 2012     

MChappell
France

There are also westerns in particular The Broken Arrow (excellent to show them the Indians � point of view) I showed it to my 3�mes last year they liked it.
Thunderheart is interesting as well ( A thriller on a reservation) My pupils liked it too. They didn �t like "La prisonni�re du desert" (I can �t find the English title right now)

19 Sep 2012