Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > lesson books/teaching methods age 6    

lesson books/teaching methods age 6

millmo
France

lesson books/teaching methods age 6

Can anyone suggest any teacher books for age 6 students. I use the I Spy teaching method for the older children but would like to find a good method for the younger ones. For anyone teaching in France, I am looking for CP courses, so no reading/ writing involved. Thanks

19 Sep 2012      

mizutamari
United States

How about something like the Maisy Mouse book series?

It �s mostly centered around daily life activities and/or holidays.  I use them for kindergarten classes and the kids enjoy the pop up flaps and moving parts.  You can cover action words, daily vocabulary words, colors, numbers, etc.

Often while reading the story I ask the kids "What color is ___?", "How many ___?", "What �s Maisy doing?", "Do you like (to) ___?", "Can you ___?" etc.

In my class we usually do some songs before or afterwards that relate to the book.  Like for the happy birthday book, we might practice singing "Happy Birthday" or a song asking "How old are you?", etc.

I �m sure they have it in France, but I think her name is Mimi and not Maisy.  If not they usually sell it on Amazon.  It �s originally written by an author from the UK.

19 Sep 2012     

PascGosselin
Canada

You should take a look at ERPI (�ditions du Renouveau P�dagogique) �s Lunch Box 1 and 2. They �re designed for young learners and since this is what we use in Quebec, it should be pretty accurate for your students and their background too! I had 2 students from France last year and the material was great for them!!!

Good luck!

19 Sep 2012     

millmo
France

Thank you !! I will take a look at both. Thanks again.

20 Sep 2012