Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Lazy eye - patches    

Lazy eye - patches

colibrita
United Kingdom

Lazy eye - patches

Hi All

I thought I �d ask for advice here as some of you may be in the same situation or at least had experience with young students with this issue

My five-year-old has "lazy eye" and just started wearing a patch this summer. At first we bought the typical patches you buy in the pharmacy but after a few hours they leave the skin a bit irritated. So I bought a patch that you put over the  lense of the glasses. However when we returned for a checkup the eye doc said really the "plaster" kind are better as you shouldn �t let light in.

What views/experience do you have. I �d be very grateful to hear.

Also, does anyone have experience of vision therapy to help this situation?

Thanks

Colibrita

21 Sep 2012      

colibrita
United Kingdom

Sorry, I should have said that the material patch does block out most light. Just a wee bit comes through the hole where the patch attaches to the glasses, at the nose pad.

21 Sep 2012     

mayajo
Tunisia

hello; my 4 old son has the same problem yet there are some kinds of patches in the pharmacy that are less irritating. concerning vision therapy our doctor gave us also as a treatement a kind of eye drops that help with the use of glasses of course but don �t worry so much as the doctor told us that this is no longer a problem as a small surgery at the age of 5 can solve the problem if there is no progress. hopefully i answered you. looking forward to hearing good news.

21 Sep 2012     

Apodo
Australia

I used to wear an eye patch (and the kids at school used to call me pirate). My eye patch was a plastic one with elastic to hold it on. Then large pieces of sticking plaster were put over it, front and back, so it blocked out everything but it wasn �t actually stuck to my skin. That was many years ago but I �m sure you can buy ready made material eye patches now which would look better and feel comfortable.

21 Sep 2012