Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Have you ever heard about VIF Programme?     

Have you ever heard about VIF Programme?

rosario
Peru

Have you ever heard about VIF Programme?

Hi everybody!
I`d like to know if you could give some information about this programme. One of my colleagues told me they look for spanish teachers.
Thanks in advance
:)

26 Sep 2012      

bilingualteacher33
Spain

They are like a sect, they will try to make money out of you selling you expensive car insurances, lease lemmon cars or dental insurances. Everything is supposed to be mandatory.....  in order to rip you off.I was with them once and never again. Watch out!
With the promise of taking you to the US and teach there ( in the worst schools where they cannot find natives or locals to work) they will try to get every single dime out of you. Oh I forgot to tell you that they pay you less money than the teachers that are there working!

27 Sep 2012     

ivanhoo25
Colombia

Dear bilingualteacher33,

I am currently a VIF teacher in the US. I think your opinion about the program is not an objective one. I have been a VIF ESOL/Spanish teacher for the past 5 years. All I can say is I have had an AWESOME experience. This challenge IS NOT for everyone!

If you are interested in getting know a different point of view Rosario, you can email me.

Ivan

27 Sep 2012     

bilingualteacher33
Spain

Dear ovanhoo25,

I am sorry to tell you that my opinion about them is very objective. I have suffered these people from this company for two years until I decided to quit it and I have to tell you that I was not the only one.All my VIF colleges spoke crap about them too. They have different business, one of them is recruiting teachers, another leasing the teachers cars at a high price, selling you a crappy insurance ( which is suppossed to be full coverage) and then, when your car gets stolen, they try to get away with your money. I had a collegue whose car got stolen and they ignored her. She did not have money to buy a new car and  her principal who felt really sorry for her, called VIF and yelled at them, after a few days she finally got some money back. It is just a shame  what they do. They lease you cars which are suppossed to be new and they break down, they have the paint burnt and they charge you soooooo much money for them. I did not give them any business with the cars, insurance... They chased me around like foxes to a hen telling me all kind of bullshit ....that  it was one the contract that I signed, that getting the insurance was mandatory.... They are thieves!
Yes, it is true that they provide you the flight ticket, on your first year with them,but they make a lot of money out of you! You get paid less money that the other teachers with the same experience and units of professional development. Why?????? 
Then the return  plane ticket is not  on the dates you tell them and they try to ask u more money if you want it on a different date, or you have to wait one month until the school is over! and you do not have time to go to your home country.

So for all of this, I can say that I am objective or at least  I had a horrible experience with them . VIF never again!
If you want to teach abroad, find a different program or company!  Good luck!

27 Sep 2012