Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teachers who sponge!    

Teachers who sponge!

joy2bill
Australia

Teachers who sponge!

to sponge; ask for and get free; be a parasite

Today a new teacher started at my school asking for some help. When I suggested this site she replied that it was too much work..that you have to contribute too much and that she preferred another site (incidentally started by an ESL Print member) because she could get the work for free.Angry
Hello! where did she think all the other worksheets come from...from hardworking teachers who SHARE.
Stop sponging, I say. and contribute...what you get out of this site is far more than the worksheet itself...it �s all the help, advice, support, and new ideas, etc.
Sorry to spout off but I was just soooooo mad!
Since when has the world owed us a living!Censored
Cheers from downunder
Joy

2 Oct 2012      

mariamit
Greece

Clap

Same thing has happened to me- many times. Take it in stride! Teachers like that won �t change. They �ll always be around.

Maria

2 Oct 2012     

Mallerenga
Spain

It has happened thousands of times to many of us. I think that the best of this site is that we can explain our frustrations and there is alwasy someone who is going to understand and help you.
Don �t worry too much about that person, you are the one that is important to us!
Marissa

2 Oct 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I agree. I have colleagues who say the same and they are depriving themselves of a great opportunity. It �s the right thing to hone your skills and take the time and effort to get your wss good enough to upload when you are downloading others � work. I got onto something (Facebook page, or blog) of another site like this one, except it �s free download and they seemed to be making a virtue of it. I much prefer the sharing aspect of this site. I feel sorry for colleagues who can �t be bothered as they are missing out.

2 Oct 2012