Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What is mentioned?     

What is mentioned?

mari_18cf
Brazil

What is mentioned?

Guys what is mentioned in this video from 2:50 at� 2:60??

Thanks in advance

2 Oct 2012      

yanogator
United States

There seems to be a small glitch in the streaming. I think she �s saying "I know what it �s like to be single", although it doesn �t really sound like "I know", so I �m not really sure. I think that �s specifically what you are asking about. Sorry I can �t say anything definite.

Bruce

2 Oct 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Bruce is right - there �s a teeny tiny glitch right at 2:53, right before "what it�s like to be single"

This is how I hear the script although I �m not sure about "that" word:

"... see themselves in a new light. Their stories spoke to me because I didn�t know what it�s like to be single, I don�t know what it�s like to fear cancer but I know what it�s like to use your sense of style ..."

Cheers

Jayho

2 Oct 2012     

Apodo
Australia

I don �t think there are enough syllables to be �don �t know what it �s like �.
I hear: �I knew what it �s like to be single �

2 Oct 2012     

yanogator
United States

Because of the glitch, we can �t be sure of how many syllables there could be, but everyone knows what it �s like to be single, so I don �t think it �s negative there.

Bruce

2 Oct 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

I didn �t know what it was like to be single.

3 Oct 2012