Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > CAPTION COMPETITION from Maryse Peyé, 09/10/2012    

CAPTION COMPETITION from Maryse Peyé, 09/10/2012

ELOJOLIE274
France

Once upon a time a hare fell in love with a sparrowhawk. He admired the way she could fly high in the sky, how she would wait, hidden under the cover of trees, for a prey then break cover and fly out fast and low to catch the terrified animal who didn �t have time to realize what was happening to him, but he knew their love was impossible because of the whole predator-prey prejudice... His family was very worried, "you �ll get killed if she sees you" they kept on repeating...
One day the sparrowhawk injured her right wing and could no longer fly. The hare could not stay hidden and watch the love of his life in pain, he had to do something! He hopped carefully towards her with some food in his mouth, "this is for you", he said, "it will help you heal faster". "You fool!" she replied, "I eat animals like you and not plants!". But she was so famished that she ate what he had so kindly offered her. She could not make sense of his behaviour, my family always told me that preys are stupid, waiting to be caught and eaten, could it be a lie? After a few days of this new diet she was stronger and her right wing was actually healing faster than it should have. She soon begun to wait for the return of the little hare and started asking him questions "why did you help me? do you always eat plants like these?..."
One day, her right wing being completely healed, she came to the conclusion that she had to leave and go back to her former life. But she could not understand why it made her sad... she had promised herself she would never hunt a hare again in her life, that she would not hurt the hare that had saved her life but it seemed that it was not enough. The hare had never confessed his undying love to the sparrowhawk and she had always assumed it was out of the kindness of his heart that he had helped her.  As soon as she was up in the sky she longed to go back to the orchard where she had met her friend. She had never been in love before but she soon realized that her feelings were deeper that those of a simple friendship. She flew back to the orchard and there he was waiting for, as if he had known all along that she would soon be back...
And they lived happily ever after with their little sparrowhares :)

10 Oct 2012     

titine69
France

the doe:"Enough �s enough!After the pullet,he �s started again with a younger one.will give him the bird!!!"

10 Oct 2012     

douglas
United States

Australia, not to be beaten-out by Texas�s famous "Jackalope", has now come up with their very own "Jackaburra".  I guess this one prefers carrot trees (?) to gum trees.  

Jackalope- a cross between a jack rabbit and an antelope

Jackaburra- a cross between a jack rabbit and a Kookaburra.

cheers,
Douglas  

10 Oct 2012     

Allisa
Bulgaria

GM crops has no negative effects on the environment and human health. They let organisms develop their full potential.

In this issue: Tips on protecting your orchard from rabbirdies.

What �s in November �s issue? Environmental alert: Are flying pigs on the verge of extinction in the urbanised world?

10 Oct 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

Here comes Peter Swallowtail...

10 Oct 2012     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

An over-sexed, handsome, male rabbit,

When he saw a good chance, he would grab it.

First, he kissed, like a brother,

A turtle-dove mother:

But then found he could not break the habit.

10 Oct 2012     

maryse pey�
France

Hi everybody,
First of all I must thank Les for his kindness in publishing my picture.

it �s still impossible for me to open a "new topic" ! So I �ll declare the winner as an answer.

I either have to thank you all for your fabulous ideas of nicknames and other funny ideas, the wonderful tale, the delicious poem and our favorite humor from our dear friend Les ! Keep on making us laugh, we need such sunbeams when it �s raining outside ! By the way Douglas thanks to have introduce me the nice Kookaburra, I love small birds.

Don �t be so impatient : the winner is...

By the way may I suscribe to this very interesting science magazine, please ? When will the next issue be published ?

Yes, you are right. The winner is ALLISA ! Congrats dear !

10 Oct 2012     

< Previous   1    2