Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Winner of Caption Contest for October 15, 2012    

Winner of Caption Contest for October 15, 2012

douglas
United States

Winner of Caption Contest for October 15, 2012

Thanks for playing everyone!

The winner of the Caption Contest for October 15, 2012 is ...

EVINCHES!

(They guy in the picture really does look like he is too stupid to hatch his way out of an egg.)

Congratulations!

Douglas

16 Oct 2012      

evinches
France

New picture for the caption contest...

Thanks Douglas for choosing me as the winner. For me this picture was the obvious one to pick as I noticed two spelling mistakes in the printables I uploaded yesterday! Let �s see what you can come up with, I �m looking forward to all the witty captions. In the meantime I �ll correct those worksheets. Have fun,  Esther

16 Oct 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

SH (SILENT)    IF YOU WANT TO BE COOL

16 Oct 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

This isn �t really a caption, but an anecdote. I actually live about 20 km from where that picture was taken, I think. (At least, the street painters in my county mucked up the spelling the same way about three years ago. It �s the only time my city made Keith Olbermann �s Worst Person in the World list that I know of.) They fixed it after about 2 weeks, but it was horribly embarrassing on Facebook for a while.

16 Oct 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

@ MoodyMoody: I wouldn �t feel embarressed with that picture...really! Embarrassed

These type of things happen all over the world! Confused

Greetings from rainy Portugal!Thumbs Up

16 Oct 2012     

isa2
Austria

Let �s call it a test on American literacy Wink

16 Oct 2012     

isa2
Austria

srory daer, I wsa fried yb teh citty cuoncli todya becuase I mispselled SHCOOL. Tehy siad I muts haev bene gvien a pepar deegre wehn I finnishd hihg shcool.

(Please mind that the only word this guy spells correctly is his ego.)

Transcription:
Sorry, dear. I was fired by the city council today because I misspelled SCHOOL. They said I must have been given a paper degree when I finished high school.

16 Oct 2012     

isa2
Austria

City councillor at council meeting:

Why on earth did you give this job to Write & Wrong????

16 Oct 2012     

papadeli
Greece

Greetings from Greece,

17 Oct 2012