Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > LET ´S START A PENPAL & POSTCARD CONNECTION !!!    

LET ´S START A PENPAL & POSTCARD CONNECTION !!!

gulsahbilgeteacher
Turkey

LET ´S START A PENPAL & POSTCARD CONNECTION !!!

Hi, everybody!

I teach young learners and this year my students are 10-12 years old.

I would like to make them much aware of other cultures and do it as a part of real life.
If anyone is interested, we can start such kind of connection. The same age students can be matched and they can write postcards and handwritten letters to each other. 

It would be really entertaining for them. I would like to start with my 5th grade students. I have 50 students in 5th grades. They are 11 years old and so interested in English. Also, I teach them 2 extra hours a week and this will provide enough time. 

If anyone is really concerned and serious, please contact me ASAP. You can also send me a private message. 

Thanks right now. Hugs from Turkey.

Gulsah

18 Oct 2012      

hunzipheartcore
Indonesia

Hai there Ms. Gulsah.. I am interested to give my students such activity.. But, unfortunately i teach 10th grade students.. is it possible to do it? well, the proficiency level is still low though.. Please let me know.. Greeting from Indonesia, thanks..

Hanny

21 Oct 2012     

gulsahbilgeteacher
Turkey

Hi, Hany !
Thanks for your attention. I really would like to say yes, but your students are barely older than mine. I guess that may be a problem. I know the levels may be similar, but age similarity is also a big point.

Thanks anyway. I hope you can find an enthusiastic colleague for penpal exchange quickly.
Greetings from Turkey.

Gulsah

22 Oct 2012