Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Magic trick!    

Magic trick!

papadeli
Greece

Magic trick!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, step right up! In this magician�s version of I Spy, you read your students� minds to discover the chosen flashcard. Just enlist the help of a discreet assistant  and get ready to wow the crowd.

Print your flashcards on different colours. Tell your audience to choose one of the flashcards but not the ghost.

Leave the room so the audience can select a particular flashcard.
When you return your assistant begins pointing to different flashcards in the classroom one by one, asking "Is it a ...?" Concentrate on each thing for a moment before saying "No" � or "Yes" when he points to the chosen item.
The Secret: Ahead of time, instruct your assistant to point to the ghost immediately before pointing to the selected object.
And remember, a magician never reveals her secrets!
Greetings from Greece,
papadeligames

22 Oct 2012      

egal
Portugal

Great!!!!

I`ll try it next week!

Thanks a lot!

22 Oct 2012     

silvia.patti
Italy

Poor students! LOL 
If I tried it with my students, I couldn �t choose only an assistant, because each of them would like to help me. So I �d have to reveal the secret...Smile

22 Oct 2012