Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help    

I need your help

Kr�mel
Germany

I need your help

Dear friends,
I wonder if you couls help me. May I use an originak text from an English book when I add my own tasks?
Thank you!

29 Oct 2012      

SaraMariam
United States

HI Ines

Good morning ;) the rules say it depends on what kind of English book I guess:

"You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair."

Have a nice week
Hugs
Sara

29 Oct 2012     

silvia.patti
Italy

I think you can use text from a novel or a fairy tale, but not text from school books.

29 Oct 2012     

Dr. Ahmad El-Maghraby
Egypt

Of course you can. Yet, according to the site rules and instructions, you �ve to do two essential things : (1) mention the text documentation, i.e. state where you have quoted the text because of private ownership and patent, (2) add your own activities and/or exercises. These are two conditions you have to follow in case you quote something others own. Thanks!

29 Oct 2012     

juliag
Japan

Hi Ines,

It is fine as long as it isn �t an esl book, but Dr. Ahmad El-Maghraby �s idea of quoting your source is also a good one I think.

Hope this helps.

29 Oct 2012