Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > open class    

open class

jg574
Argentina

open class

Hi! once more I need your help. can you suggest any ideas for an open class? Parents will come to watch their kids working in class and I �d like to make them participate in the class. the main topics will be numbers and animals. How can they work together? thanks in advance

30 Oct 2012      

EnioTigre
Argentina

Hi! may be you can play kind of jeopardy and the categories could be: mimics, put the letters in order, guessing the riddle, and so on.

30 Oct 2012     

papadeli
Greece

After revising  vocabulary  (handouts: animals, numbers), you could play BINGO (animals, numbers) or another classic game: TIC-TAC-TOE !

Greetings from Greece,

31 Oct 2012     

yanogator
United States

That cat with spider legs scares me!

Bruce

31 Oct 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Bruce LOL
jg574, you can have cardboard animals (10 for instance if they �ve learnt up to 10) and draw circles on the floor. Parents team up with kids and have to follow orders : put six hens in the circle (the fastest couple parent - kid, wins and then you say another number and animal again and so on ...)  YOu can also draw a big animal on paper and each couple has to color it.
Another idea, each parent stands behind a line on the floor, they have different animals on the board (10 of each for instance) and their child is in front of the board. When you say e.g. " 3 goats " each kid has to pick 3 from the board and when he/she has them in his/her hands, the parent runs to him/her and picks the cardboard animals and then runs back to the line. First one to get there wins. I guess games are what works best in open classes with (small?) children ...

31 Oct 2012