Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ask for help     

ask for help

naoura
Turkey

ask for help

i am teaching young learners and I have difficulty to introduce some adjectives : helpful  /friendly / funny/ kind / nice/ active/ wonderful / pleased .Any ideas to teach them these adjectives . thanks in advance for your help

5 Nov 2012      

cananaydin
Turkey

7th graders :)
it �s really boring.
i use pictures and definitions.
not so effective but it works

5 Nov 2012     

meltemilkan
Cyprus

Not quite sure if this will work for you but you guys can try and label each student, such as John is funny, Jeff is kind etc.

Hope this helps,

5 Nov 2012     

gulsahbilgeteacher
Turkey

I do not teach 7th graders this year, but I guess short role-plays can work.  Just decide on situations and ask students act them.

For e.g. Helpful 

Ask a student come to the board.
Act as if you are an old person. Carry heavy things or act as if you have difficulty in carrying.
Look him/her deeply in the eyes. Make him/her help you. I guess he/she will try to help and carry your bags.

Then tell him/her very loudly in an exaggeration : "Oh, thank you very much !                                                                                                              You are very helpful !"  (Emphasize helpful)

Then rush to the board and write the word "helpful" .

You can do it for every adjective I guess. 

After the acting sections, to check their learning, paste suitable pictures about these adjectives and ask them come to the board and write the  suitable adjectives under the pictures.

Good luck :))

5 Nov 2012