Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP MY HEAD IS BURNING ;)     

HELP MY HEAD IS BURNING ;)

GigiGraziano
Argentina

HELP MY HEAD IS BURNING ;)

HELLO DEAR COLLEAGUES, I NEED SOME IDEAS TO ASK A PRACTICAL WORK ON SPORT TO MY STUDENTS AGED 15/16 INTERMEDIATE LEVEL. 

I WANT THEM TO RESEARCH  ON SPORT AND DO SOMETHING INTERESTING BUT I CAN �T DECIDE HOW TO ORGANISED IT!!!

CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME IDEAS?

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS  THANKS THANKS 

MANY THANKS 

5 Nov 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

How about a webquest on extreme sports?
Here are some ready-made which you can adapt to your ss� needs
Here are some actvities you could explore
http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/english-skills-practice/video-uk/extreme-sports (btw I did this one with my 9th graders group today, you can download and print out the activities)

Sophia
P.S. BTW there �s no need to use caps in the forum bc according to the netiquette it �s as if you were yelling.

5 Nov 2012     

GigiGraziano
Argentina

thanks sophia  I �LL SATRT CHECKING 

SOME IDEAS ARE GREAT!!! THANKS A MILLION, NOW I REALIZED HOW TIRED I AM THAT I CANNOT THINK!!! THANKS GOD FOR THE FRIENDS FROM ESLPRINTABLES!!!

:)  

5 Nov 2012     

gilderoy_lockhart
Chile

Have them research on a sports player they can look up to/relate to. I can see you have an Argentinian flag, so finding a successful or famous sports person shouldn �t be a problem ;)
Divide your class in pairs, and have them think of a sports person/team they �d like to talk about. At the same time, they could also do some research on the rules and main aspects of the game. You could have them present the sport and the team/person orally or prepare a display (or both). If you want to check your students � work, you can check http://www.rubrics4teachers.com/ , which is a perfect website to find rubrics for oral/written assessment.
By the way, it is always a good idea to help students go beyond what they already know and do some research on other areas. With sports being a very popular subject (especially among teenagers) you could have some slips of paper with a few not-so-popular sports written down, and have your students pick them at random (from a bag, or blind-folded) so they would go beyond the traditional football-tennis-basketball ideas and investigate hockey, rugby, hang gliding, paintball, and many others.

5 Nov 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

And adding to gilderoy lockhart �s ideas, include women �s sports as well.

5 Nov 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

See, Sophia, my students don �t listen to me, either, and if they do, lol, they write me back in red , Hug, hard job we have. 

Hugs, to all of you esl friends

Linda

5 Nov 2012     

GigiGraziano
Argentina

tHANKS A LOT sOPHIA gilderoy lockhart  AND MOODYMOODY TOO!!! I �M WORKING WITH ALL THE ADVICED!!!! 

=) 

5 Nov 2012