Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What should I do?    

What should I do?

Katiana
Spain

What should I do?

Quite a lot of people are asking me to send them the corrected version of my FUTURE PERFECT worksheet. They tell me that they have downloaded it but  I have checked they haven�t left me a comment, so my question is: Should I  bother myself to send it to them when they didn�t spend a few seconds to leave a comment? Some days ago some of you complained about people not leaving a comment after downloading a document.. I totally agree with what you said. We are not machines, we are people who put a lot of effort making our contributions, we do deserve a few words that let us know it was worth the time and effort. Thanks so much to all the people who always care and send those few magic words that cheer the day up.

Good evening.

Katiana

19 Jan 2009      

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

You�re right, my dear friend. Clap Don�t send anything to those who are to lazy to leave comments.

Good night and Besossssssss!!!!!!!

19 Jan 2009     

Mietz
Germany

I find that non-commenting manner extremely ungrateful and annoying. It�s not too much to ask and I was really pretty upset the other day about it.
Maybe you can send them the version and put your forum message in it, too? Maybe they�ll get the message!? (Or you could publish their names here... LOL Sorry - being sarcastic of course. I just find it amazingly rude to have the time to demand a correction, but not to say "Thank you"...)

Edited!!!
Actually - just make these people pay a point!!! It�s worth the price anyway and it takes them back to the point where they can also send a comment!!! If you want to, you could still explain that through the pm, though that�s a lot of time for somebody who doesn�t have the time to say "Thank you"...

19 Jan 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I agree with itxasobn and Mietz. Why bother losing some of your time for these people when they did not even bothered thanking you in the first place?

19 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I would send the file to those who have leave comments so far. Not the latest ones!!!!

19 Jan 2009     

joebcn
Andorra

DEAR KATIANA,
 TIME IS GOLD, SO DON�T WORRY ABOUT PEOPLE WHO DID NOT CARE THANKING YOUR VALUABLE WORK.
THANKS FOR SHARING. I�LL DOWLOAD YOUR WORKSHEET AGAIN. I THINK IT IS WORTH 2 POINTS. HONEST.
JOE

19 Jan 2009     

jecika
Serbia

Hello Katiana,
I personally would never ask anyone to send me a worksheet via e-mail ... I did it only once when for some strange reason I wasn�t able to download a worksheet no matter how many times I tried ... those who have enough points should download it again and those who don�t should think about using a correction pen ... end of story ... don�t bother sending your worksheet to anyone

19 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Dear katiana,

I�m one of those sorts who don�t tend to leave a �thank you� note unless I have something more to add. If other downloaders could not even leave a comment saying the worksheet need to be tweaked then they aren�t using the comments constructively. I would let them use another of their own points unless you feel generous. If I�d downloaded your sheet & didn�t leave feedback then I don�t warrant getting an updated version UNLESS one of the first comments was about the corrections it required. If I�d left that sort of comment, though, I�d already have fixed my copy of the worksheet ready for my students to use.

Cheers,
ab

19 Jan 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Don�t send out a new version Katiana.  You already do enough by all the work you put into creating such wonderful worksheets.  If someone doesn�t have the courtesy to leave a short note why should you send them a corrected version.

19 Jan 2009     

Zora
Canada

Jeez, people are sooo LAZY!

Don�t send them a revised version - if there is an error, I would think that they are quite capable of correcting it on the worksheet if they are really all that worried about it.

19 Jan 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I agree. I�ve downloaded the ws again. I think it�s worth a point, isn�t it?
Besos Ana!!!!!

19 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >