Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > please, I realy need you īr help    

please, I realy need you īr help

sadeel
Palestine

please, I realy need you īr help

hi, my s.s r between 9-10 years old and our lesson is about " reflexsive  and possessive pronouns, i explain when do we use them , i gave them a lot of good worksheets i took from this site and i gave them examples about their class and friends. they wrote the correct answers for the W.sh but they keep telling me that they don īt understand the lesson any Idea??? games,  activities??   please

8 Nov 2012      

Minka
Slovenia

When I discuss pronouns I sometimes use sentences without them, repeating things that should be substituted with pronouns. For example:

Jenny took Jenny īs dog for a walk. Mum brushed mum īs teeth before mum went to work. 

Ted saw Ted in the mirror. Sally was hungry, so she made Sally a sandwich. etc. 

The students soon agree these sentences sound a bit silly the way they are and that we can probably do something to avoid repeating the person. 

Good luck!

8 Nov 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

on the same idea Minka offered, there is a fantastic youtube video from grammar rock on pronouns, recommended to all!!

8 Nov 2012     

sadeel
Palestine

thanks a lot Minka and Marion . it helps a lot :)

9 Nov 2012     

s.lefevre
Brazil

They are young , so children often know without " understanding" a grammar point. This is a good thing. If they give the right answer, they do understand.

9 Nov 2012     

Minka
Slovenia

Smile

9 Nov 2012