Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > watching films in English!    

watching films in English!

irshavka
Ukraine

watching films in English!

Dear collegues! Need your advice! My students asked me to to bring them some movies in English for watching at the lesson. It seemed to be easy to find an appropriate film, but... Confused nowadays all the movies are full of violence, sex, etc. What could you suggest us for watching? and where can I find it? Thanks in advance!

9 Nov 2012      

Minka
Slovenia

You can �t go wrong with Mathilda. The pronunciation is also clear enough. Ans you can easily make or find worksheets to go with it. I used it for personal characteristics - the students had to describe the personality of the main charac�ters from the film. It �s easy because they �re so "black and white".

9 Nov 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

age is key here, so please tell us their age.

9 Nov 2012     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Minka
Can you put a link , please? 

9 Nov 2012     

irshavka
Ukraine

my students are15-16 now.It would be great if there were some exercises to the movie. Ss thought about Ice Age 3, but I think it would be too easy for them. I need smth to enrich their vocabulary, some interesting grammar structures, phrasals, etc. Maybe, smth about teenage life, generation gap.

9 Nov 2012     

jwld
Israel

Billy Elliot,
The commitments,
Dead Poets � Society,

9 Nov 2012     

teresaspicy
Portugal

the good rebel - with matt damon

9 Nov 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I mentioned it several times (I hope other members won �t find it annoying) why not Cyberbully?
The whole movie is available on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfGtk5Al7LY
It �s current and age appropriate. There are phrases that teens use for scalding but that �s the reality and if you lead them wisely they could learn a lot both languagewise and characterwise.
I got to tell you though, that my 10th grade ss weren �t especially interested:(
They in fact enjoyed The Ice Age Mammoth Christmas a lot more. Imagine thatShocked

Sophia

9 Nov 2012     

tubbyteacher
Turkey

up and wall-e are my favourites and also my students �!

9 Nov 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

Look Who �s Talking used to be my favourite (it �s a funny comedy which moves slowly at times and has a fast pace at others), but I must admit I don �t use long films in class any more, though I would like to. I �m afraid I don �t really know how to help my students learn with them. I �ve noticed they always ask for a film whem they dont really feel like working!

I am taking note of all your suggestions.  Thumbs Up

9 Nov 2012     

silvia.patti
Italy

Oliver Twist or Ratatouille

9 Nov 2012     

1    2    Next >