Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > classroom managment    

classroom managment

jg574
Argentina

classroom managment

HI! TODAY I �M QUITE SAD CAUSE MY SUPERVISOR SAID SHE WAS WORRIED ABOUT MY CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT. I AM A NEW TEACHER AND I NEED TO LEARN LOTS OF THINGS BUT I FEEL REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF. PLEASE CAN YOU SUGGEST SOME ARTICLES TO READ ABOUT CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT? THANKS

9 Nov 2012      

maggiejeria
Chile

Jg574 You can see my ppt about Classroom Management. Hope it help you.

9 Nov 2012     

juliag
Japan

Hi,

Don �t be sad, classroom management is a difficult issue for most of us at some time.

Why don �t you check out this site, it �s great:
http://www.behaviourneeds.com/

9 Nov 2012     

papadeli
Greece

Have a look here
Greetings from Greece,

10 Nov 2012     

4ng3l3s
Spain

Don �t be sad, it won �t help. Smile 
Have a look here.

10 Nov 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

I �m so sorry to hear that.  I �ve been there!  Class management takes time.  Try to observe other experienced teachers -- as many as possible.  Ask them to observe you to give you tips.

Cheer up!

10 Nov 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Only with time will you manage your classes well, it happened to all of us teachers ... The fact that you worry about it and want to improve is the way to start ! There �s a great book about it, which I used when I had my TTC course, send me your email by Pm and I �ll send it to you.
Un abrazo!

10 Nov 2012     

foose1
United States

Just remember the age group you are teaching and adjust your timing acordingly.  Set up a routine that you do each day.  Teach the lesson, ask questions from the kids and then play some sort of game or game (s).  Kids expect the same routine.  The younger they are, the shorter the activities.  I give out a lot of Angry Bird points on their notebooks if they participate (it sort of a game to see who gets the most points).  Every now and then, I give all the kids who just speak out the answer points.  Points in a formal manner does not help, but I found that if I give all the kids 15 points (plus participation points found on their notebooks) during the last 15 minutes of the class, regardless if they finished, they all expect it every day at the end of every lesson (35 kids, 15 points plus participation points in 10 minutes with words of encouragement for doing whatever they did) seems to make them want to come back for more.  

John

10 Nov 2012