Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > You īve made a mistake in your English class    

You īve made a mistake in your English class

Allisa
Bulgaria

You īve made a mistake in your English class

How do you react when you realise you īve made a mistake? Smile

13 Nov 2012      

manonski (f)
Canada

I use it as an opportunity to teach my students how to revise your work and use resources.

13 Nov 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Easily,
I just admit the mistake, correct it and apologize to my students so they can see that even the teacher is only a human being. Wink 

13 Nov 2012     

SaraMariam
United States

I do the same as Misa. We all do mistakes and students know that. It makes it easier for them as well, actually, to make mistakes and not be ashamed of them. As sometimes you have students that are too shy to talk because they are afraid they may say something wrong. Like this they see it īs nothing bad to make a mistake. So just admit it, apologize and keep going ;)

13 Nov 2012     

Nucha75
Portugal

I apologise to them and admit i made a mistake... I make them see that sometimes examples used in class cannot work out. I make them see that i īm used to revise the exponents once i get home.

13 Nov 2012     

jannabanna
France

Just be honest - anyone can make a mistake!  Just make sure you correct it in the next lesson and be sure they have understood. 

Janet

13 Nov 2012     

edrodmedina
United States

I sometimes tell my students that I did it on purpose to see if they were paying attention. The savvy ones get a kick out of it because they know it īs not true and we all have a laugh. Ed

13 Nov 2012     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

In the past , I felt ashamed and sad and I felt it was very difficult to admit. However now I admit and cirrect my mistake.

13 Nov 2012     

Dr. Ahmad El-Maghraby
Egypt

Admitting making a mistake in an adept way is a characteristic of either intelligent or veteran teachers. Remember : "While the Leaning Tower of Pisa may once have seemed a mistake, it has turned out to be a creation of great beauty and awe."

13 Nov 2012